The Scag Freedom Z 52" and 61"
Speed, Reliability and Legendary Scag Quality.
Are you tired of buying junk mowers that constantly need to be replaced or repaired? Would you rather spend your money on a quality, American made product that will perform and last like it should? If you answered yes to those questions, you have found the right mower brand, Scag.
The Scag Freedom Z was introduced in 2007 and has proven itself as a reliable commercial grade mower that can be trusted to get the job done over and over again.
Now, Scag has taken the 52" and 61" Freedom Z to the next level with larger tires, faster ground speeds and other productivity and comfort enhancing features.
A new ultra-plush bolstered seat, large diameter steering handles, and rubber iso-mounted foot plate give the operator a comfortable ride. The Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power and have spin-on oil filters for easy
maintenance. Two independent hydraulic transaxle units with charge pumps and all metal gears.
A dual purpose foot pedal brake is standard equipment and makes parking easier than ever before.
The Freedom Z 52" and 61" will handle your toughest commercial jobs and large estate properties with ease and comfort. All of that and it leaves behind a beautiful quality of cut your competition and neighbors will be jealous of. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding features of the Freedom Z and how it can save you time while delivering professional results. Contact your local Scag dealer to learn more.
- 52" or 61" commercial-grade cutter deck
- SFZ52: Dual ZT-3100 Hydro-Gear Transaxles (3 year consumer / 1 year commercial warranty)
- SFZ61: Dual ZT-3400 Hydro-Gear Transaxles (3 year consumer / 2 year commercial warranty)
- 10 MPH (SFZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SFZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity
- Rubber iso-mounted steel foot plate with extruded traction pattern
- Engine HP options up to a 30hp B&S Commercial Turf Series w/ Cyclonic Air Filtration
- Foot operated brake with park lock lever
- Extremely low maintenance machine (very few grease points)
- Height-of-cut adjustment is quick and easy; 1-1/2” to 5” in 1/4” increments.
- Adjustable, foot pedal cutter deck lift system
- Ultra-comfortable, bolstered, adjustable seat
- Ogura PTO Clutch Brake with adjustable air-gap
- Single piece, all steel, fabricated and welded main frame
- Tubular steel rear bumper
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles, 1/2”-thick mounting
flange for strength.
- Operator friendly instrument panel
- ROPS standard equipment
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank)
The Scag Freedom Z 61". Bigger, faster, better.
Scag Freedom Z 61"
The Scag Freedom Z 61 is a rock solid performer whether you are a landscape professional or simply have a large property to maintain.
Large Drive Tires and a Low Stance
The Scag Freedom Z 61 features a ultra comfortable, bolstered seat, low center of gravity, rubber iso-mounted foot plate and large diameter steering levers for a very comfortable ride.
Comfortable Operator Station
The foot pedal brake allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off of the steering levers. With the pedal depressed, a simple lock lever can be activated to hold the brake in the park position.
Foot Operated Brake with Park Lock
The height of cut adjustment is placed between the operators legs where it is simple and easy to use.
Up to 30hp V-Twin Engines
- Up to 10 MPH ground speed keeps productivity at a maximum; 10 MPH (SFZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SFZ52).
- Match a 61" cutter deck with a Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series V-Twin with Cyclonic air filter or a Kawasaki FS engine.
- Match a 52" cutter deck with a Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series V-Twin with Cyclonic air filter or a Kawasaki FS engine.
- Extra-large drive tires (22” on SFZ52; 23” on SFZ61) and 13” x 5” front caster tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 52" & 61" Scag Freedom Z. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life. ZT-3400 features a 2 year commercial or 3 year non-commercial warranty. ZT-3100 features a 1 year commercial or 3 year non-commercial warranty.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank is positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it exceptional hillside stability.
- Tubular steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This single piece design
is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- AUSCO disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- The Cyclonic air filter system on the Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series engine offers excellent protection against debris and dirt. This provides increased air filter service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide
range of adjustment from 1.5" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- 4-point cutter deck leveling adjustment brackets allows for easy in-the-field deck adjustments.
- Dual gas-charged dampeners for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers are comfortable in the palm of your hand. They are adjustable (with tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced
maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight
for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality, sealed bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls.
The hour meter is conveniently located on the right side of the mower, easily viewed from the operators position.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hour meter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many time saving, money making accessories
for the 52" and 61" Freedom Z like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, grass collection systems, halogen
light kits and more.
- 3-year / 500-hour Limited Warranty when used in a non-commercial application. This warranty covers manufacturing defects for three years, including parts and labor (excludes wear items).
- 1-year Limited Warranty when used in a commercial application. This warranty covers manufacturing defects for one year, including parts and labor (excludes wear items). 2-year commercial warranty on Hydro-Gear transaxles.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|SCAG FREEDOM Z 52" and 61" MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
||52" Cutter Deck, 25hp Briggs & Stratton Professional Series, air-cooled engine
||52" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki FS691 air-cooled engine
||61" Cutter Deck, 27hp Briggs & Stratton Professional Series, air-cooled engine
||61" Cutter Deck, 24hp Kawasaki FS730 air-cooled engine
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|SCAG FREEDOM Z 52" and 61" - Briggs and Stratton Professional Series Engine with Cyclonic Air Filtration
|Freedom Z - Product Dimensions
||52" FREEDOM Z
||61" FREEDOM Z
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
* Dimensions are subject to change.
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2013 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.