The Scag Freedom Z PRO
Unmatched Performance, Features and Value in its Class.
Are you tired of buying junk mowers that constantly need to be replaced or repaired? Would you rather spend your money on a quality, American made product that will perform and last like it should? If you answered yes to those questions, you have found the right mower brand, Scag.
The Scag Freedom Z was introduced in 2007 and has proven itself as a reliable commercial grade mower that can be trusted to get the job done over and over again. Now, Scag has taken the 52" and 61" Freedom Z Pro to the next level with larger tires, faster ground speeds and other productivity and comfort enhancing features.
A new ultra-plush bolstered seat, large diameter steering handles, and rubber iso-mounted foot plate give the operator a comfortable ride. The Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power and have spin-on oil filters for easy maintenance. Two independent hydraulic transaxle units with charge pumps and all metal gears. A dual purpose foot pedal brake is standard equipment and makes parking easier than ever before.
The Freedom Z Pro 52" and 61" will handle your toughest commercial jobs and large estate properties with ease and comfort. All of that and it leaves behind a beautiful quality of cut your competition and neighbors will be jealous of. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding features of the Freedom Z Pro and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Freedom Z PRO stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
Contoured, Bolstered Mid-Back Seat
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable. Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
Powerful Engine Options
23hp or 25hp Kawasaki FS Series and 25hp or 27hp Vanguard Commercial Turf engines available.More Info
Deep, Fabricated and Welded Cutter Decks
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
Heavy-Duty Tubular Steel Rear Bumper
Built tough to protect the rear of the mower and engine from impacts. Pre-drilled for accessories like the hitch and grass collection systems.
All Steel, Extra-Wide, Rubber Iso-Mounted Foot Plate
Heavy-duty construction. Rubber iso-mounts absorb vibrations. Extruded holes for traction and to allow debris to fall away. Wide platform for easy on and off.
Full-Featured Instrument Panel
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
Foot Pedal Parking Brake
Allows the parking brake to be engaged without taking your hands off of the steering controls.
Extra Large Drive Tires
23" drive tires on 61" models, 22" drive tires on 52" models
Easy Cutter Deck Leveling
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it's an easy fix with four-point deck leveling.
- 10 MPH (SFZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SFZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity.
- 52" or 61" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Match a 52" or 61" cutter deck with a Vanguard Commercial Turf Series V-Twin with Cyclonic air filter or a Kawasaki FS engine.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life. ZT-3400 features a 2 year commercial or 3 year non-commercial warranty. ZT-3100 features a 1 year commercial or 3 year non-commercial warranty.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. Built-in fuel gauge.
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Extra-large drive tires (22” on SFZP52; 23” on SFZP61) and 13” x 5” front caster tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 52" & 61" Scag Freedom Z Pro. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- AUSCO disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Freedom Z Pro a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- Marbain steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 4-1/2 " in 1/4" increments.
- The Cyclonic air filter system on the Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series engine offers excellent protection against debris and dirt. This provides increased air filter service intervals and longer engine life.
- Dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Cup holder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 3-years or 500 hours (whichever comes first)
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Freedom Z Pro like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|SFZP52-25BS||52" Cutter Deck, 25hp Briggs Vanguard Commercial Turf Series, air-cooled engine|
|SFZP52-23FS||52" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki FS691 air-cooled engine|
|SFZP61-27BS||61" Cutter Deck, 27hp Briggs Vanguard Commercial Turf Series, air-cooled engine|
|SFZP61-24FS||61" Cutter Deck, 24hp Kawasaki FS730 air-cooled engine|
|Scag Freedom Z PRO - Product Dimensions||52" Freedom Z PRO||61" Freedom Z PRO|
|Width (chute down)||64.5"||73.5"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||53"||63"|
|Weight||830-840 lbs.||880-900 lbs.|