The Scag Pro-V®
Discover a New Way to Walk
Scag revolutionized the commercial walk-behind market in 1989 with the introduction of the dual pump, dual motor SWZ hydro-drive walk-behind.
Today, Scag has created yet another revolution in the walk-behind market.
This is not a reworked pistol-grip design. It is truly an all new
way to walk.
Imagine driving a walk-behind mower without having to squeeze any handles.
Imagine little to no hand fatigue after hours and hours of use. Imagine
this and so much more with Scag quality built-in every step of the way. This
is the Pro-V®.
No more squeezing (click here to see video
of the Pro-V in action). The
V-Bar steers the mower and controls
forward/reverse movement of the mower. Get ready to discover an all new,
and better way to walk.
Extremely limited availability. Consult with your local Scag
dealer for more information.
- 36", 48" or 52" floating cutter
- V-Bar steering & drive system requires no squeezing
- Powerful engine options from 16hp to 23hp
- Dual hydraulic pump & motor drive system
- Cutter deck lift lever within operator's reach
- Innovative V-Bar Steering & Drive System - Ultra-smooth
operator controls provide unmatched
ease-of-use along with maximum comfort. Operator hand
fatigue is virtually eliminated as there is no squeezing
required to maneuver the mower.
- Senso-Grip™ Operator Presence System detects the
touch of the operator without using paddles, switches or buttons.
This increases hand comfort especially when combined with the "no
squeezing" V-Bar Drive System.
- Easy-to-use Cutter Deck Lift System - simply pull
the lever from the operator's position to raise and lock the deck
in transport. This is beneficial when climbing curbs or when driving
the mower on/off a trailer.
- Padded Stability Bar / Hand Guard gives the operator more leverage when going over curbs and also helps to protect the operators hands from low hanging branches, shrubs, etc.
- Heavy-duty dual pump and wheel motor drive
system ensures dependable power for zero-turn maneuverability
(Hydro-Gear 10cc pumps and Parker wheel motors). Wheel motors are secured
by 1/2" mounting hardware for strength and durability.
- Aluminum hydraulic reservoir with
integrated cooling fins keep operating temperatures low for
long component life. Oil filter attaches to the bottom of the tank for
- Powerful, commercial-grade engines,
including a 16hp, 17hp, or 19hp Kawasaki KAI engine. A 23hp Kawasaki
Electric Start is also available.
- Forward Speed Control Lever allows you to customize
the maximum forward speed for the terrain you are working on. 7.4MPH maximum forward ground speed.
- Choose from a 36" Advantage™,
or a 48" or 52" Velocity Plus™
cutter deck. Scroll down for a complete list of engine and cutter deck
- Floating Advantage or Velocity
Plus cutter deck contours to uneven terrain and allows you to quickly
change cutting heights in the field with no tools (1" to 4-1/2").
- Heavy-duty Scag blade drive spindles provide
unbeatable, industry leading performance. They feature cast-iron housing,
tapered roller bearings, a 3-year warranty and much more.
- Convenient instrument panel puts the controls at
your fingertips, including forward speed lever, parking brake lever,
key switch, throttle, electric blade brake switch, choke,
hour meter and tracking adjustments.
- "Adjust-A-Trac" feature allows instant neutral and tracking adjustment in the field for the easy fine-tuning. Located on the instrument panel for ease of use.
- Large 5 gallon, rust-free fuel tank keeps you in
the field cutting. The filler neck is oversized and angled for easy
cup holder provides added operator convenience and comfort.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages and stops the cutter blades smoothly and safely. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Oversize caster and drive tires make curb climbing and trailer loading easy.
- Heavy-Duty front caster arms and deck support frame are
built Scag tough and designed to handle rough environments.
- Flat-Free front caster tires with quick
pin removal for easy maintenance and cutting height adjustments. Semi-pneumatic
tire design virtually eliminates downtime and expense resulting from
flat front tires.
- Heavy gauge handlebars provide long life and dependable
- Easy to access engine oil drain makes
maintenance clean and simple.
- "Split-Steel" pulley design is stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. They are precision matched and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- High-quality bearings on
idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Bearing debris guards protect bearing seals and reduce foreign material contamination inside
- Taper lock hubs on hydro pump pulleys and spindle pulleys provide
added reliability and ease of service.
- Self-adjusting belt idlers on all belt systems eliminate belt adjustments and reduce downtime by adding life to the belts.
- All belts are commercial-grade and Kevlar™ corded for added strength.
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler
pulley adds to reliability.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- User-friendly design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- There are many time saving, money making accessories for the Pro-V Walk Behind like grass collection and mulching systems.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
SWZV "Pro-V" MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
|| 36" Advantage Cutter Deck, 16hp Kawasaki KAI air-cooled engine
|| 48" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck, 17hp Kawasaki KAI air-cooled engine
|| 52" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck, 19hp Kawasaki KAI air-cooled engine
|| 52" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki , electric start, air-cooled engine
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
** Limited availability. Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability
|SWZV - Product Dimensions**
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
** Dimensions are subject to change.
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2010 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.