The Scag SFW - Belt-Drive Walk-Behind
Long a fundamental
element of any commercial cutter fleet, the belt-drive walk-behind
continues to prove its worth through its simple design and efficient
operation. Expanding upon its already successful lineup, Scag has now
developed a lighter-weight walk-behind that is priced right.
The 4-speed transmission
features 9-spline coupler construction for added durability and longevity. And
with a floating cutter deck, simple cutting height adjustment system,
and low-maintenance design, Scag has further enhanced this mower's ease-of-use.
The SFW is designed for commercial use. Rest assured
it is built to live up to Scag's solid reputation of dependable performance, and will perform reliably year after year.
We invite you to learn more about the productive and convenient
features of the SFW, and how it can help maximize your profitability.
- 36" and 48" cutter
- Powerful 16hp Vanguard engine (3-year warranty)
- Low-maintenance mower design for convenience
- Strong construction for durability
Easy cutting height adjustment
Strong steel tube frame
- Four-speed Peerless transmission for ground speeds
up to 6 mph. Transmission features 9 spline couplers for increased
- Powerful and efficient 16hp Briggs Vanguard engine with a 3-year warranty.
- Choose a 36" or 48" standard-style
cutter deck. Click here for a complete
list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Convenient dash panel puts the controls at your fingertips,
including key switch, throttle, cutter deck engagement switch and optional
- Heavy gauge handlebars are adjustable to
provide additional comfort for taller operators. Handlebars have three
height settings and fit a wide variety of operators.
- Ergonomic handlebars allow for comfortable operation,
with reduced handlebar diameter and adjusted steering lever angle. Twin
hand controls allow
for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Operator presence controls are contoured and designed
for comfortable operation.
- Large 6 gallon, rust-free fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting. This tank design is 20% larger than tanks on other mower brands. Molded-in cup holder provides added operator convenience and comfort.
- Durable frame is designed to withstand
- Heavy-duty caster wheels with quick
pin removal for easy maintenance.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages the cutter blades.
Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Single power belts supply solid, smooth
power to each drive wheel.
- "Split-Steel" pulley
design is stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs.
They are precision matched and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased
wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Maintenance-free blade drive
reliable performance and long life. Heavy-duty spindle shaft, cast
aluminum housing, and sealed ball bearings.
- Padded, ergonomically shaped shift lever makes shifting
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler
pulley adds to reliability.
- User-friendly design allows quick, clean access to
the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Flexible discharge chute will not dent like metal chutes.
- A strong 2-year Scag warranty stands
behind you and your mower.
- Briggs stands behind their 16hp Vanguard engine with a 3-year warranty.
- There are several time saving accessories
for the SFW walk-behind like grass catchers and mulching systems.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
SFW MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|SFW - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
** Dimensions are subject to change.
|TESTIMONIALS (click here for more customer comments)
|Scag Owner in
am proud of what I do to make money, and am proud to have Scag
Equipment. When everybody else was buying the poor man's mower,
I bought the best. I've owned the same Scag mower for 13 years
and still say it is the best."
|Scag Owner in
|"We have some Scag belt-drives
in our fleet that are twelve years old and still running. They
require less maintenance than other machines, they're easy to grease,
and we don't have to worry about the belts. They cut better than
others in the rain. Scag is the best machine on the market."
|Scag Owner in
|"We made the switch
to Scag mowers in 1991. We were looking for a midsize walk-behind
mower that was built to last, produced a quality result, economical
to maintain, easy to use and reasonably priced. Five of the six
original mowers we purchased in 1991 are still in use today!"
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2010 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.