- Heavy-duty drive system includes a single Sauer-Sundstrand
pump and dual wheel motors for reliable maneuverability.
- Powerful, proven 23hp Kohler Command engine.
- 5 gallon fuel capacity keeps you in the field cutting
- 20-inch drive tires feature a radius edge for better
flotation and less turf tearing. Wider stance allows for superior stability
- Heavy-duty Flat-Free caster wheels with quick
pin removal for easy maintenance and cutting height adjustments. Semi-pneumatic tire design virtually eliminates downtime and expense resulting from front flat tires.
- Front mounted 61" Velocity Plus
or 72" Advantage cutter deck makes
for easy trimming and mowing around and under low hanging trees and
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp
longer for reduced maintenance. Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
- Infinitely variable ground speeds up to 6.8 mph forward.
- Cutter deck shock absorber for better deck flotation
and a smoother cut.
- High capacity hydraulic cooling system features rust-free
nylon reservoir and heavy-duty oil cooler
for lower operating temperatures and longer life.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an hour
meter, ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate
choke and throttle controls.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages the cutter blades.
Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Simple, user-friendly design allows quick access
to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Coil spring seat for added operator comfort.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement
while trailering or when parking on slopes. Mower will not move with
the brake engaged to prevent premature brake wear.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial
warranty stands behind you and your STHM for years of profitable
- There are many productive accessories
for the STHM like a high-performance mulching kit.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler
pulley adds to reliability.
- The oil drain system makes oil changes clean and easy.
Just place a piece of hose over the down spout and direct the other
end into a suitable waste oil receptacle. Then turn the valve to drain
the oil. No mess!
- A patented, hand crank lift system easily lifts the deck for
transport or maintenance.
- Split front cutter deck roller ensures free movement
of the anti-scalp rollers to prevent turf damage.
* Limited availability. Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
STHM MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
|| Three-Wheel Rider; 61" Velocity
Plus Cutter Deck, 23hp Kohler air-cooled engine
|| Three-Wheel Rider; 72" Advantage
Cutter Deck, 23hp Kohler air-cooled engine
* Extremely limited availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|STHM - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
** Dimensions are subject to change.
|TESTIMONIALS (click here for more customer comments)
|"I ran my first 72" Scag
STHM 10 years and 6,000 hours from 1991 to 2001. It is a real workhorse
with very few problems. I like how it is low to the ground for going
around trees and operator comfort. My new Scag 72" purchased
in June 2001 already has 800 hours and no problems. I like the bigger
23hp engine because the extra horsepower really helps out in thick
grass and the electric clutch saves wear and tear."
Owner of S&S Lawn Care, Lancaster PA
|S&S started with an STH in 1988 and still
owns a 1994 STHM with 3300 hours. "Scag's construction and service
is better than any other mower. No other mowing product out there
is as good as Scag. Our employees are hard on equipment and Scag holds
Secretary Treasurer of Peek Lawn
|"My oldest STHM has over 8000 hours
on it and it's still running strong. This mower stays on banks
better than any other mower. We can cut under bushes and trees
without weed eating or trimming. But the main thing is they're
trouble-free. We never have to leave the jobsite because of a breakdown.
It just doesn't happen. I don't like them, I love them!"
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2010 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.