The Scag Tiger Cat-SS™
The Scag Tiger
a full commercial-grade, mid-size zero-turn riding mower. Where productivity is essential, the Tiger Cat delivers
with ease, capable of handling more than 24 acres per day.
Tough Cat, Smooth Ride.
A powerful 25hp or 27hp Kohler engine and a tough dual pump and wheel motor drive system ensure
dependable performance, year after year. Equipped with a Velocity
Plus™ cutter deck, this mower will tame the tallest
grass and leave it looking smooth and professionally manicured.
This is an upgraded promotional model. "Upgraded", meaning it has had no features removed to
meet a particular price point. In fact, Scag took the already feature-packed
Tiger Cat and added a big 25hp or 27hp engine and a Suspension
Seat (SS) to it, giving the operator a more powerful and comfortable
ride! For big value in a small package, test out a Tiger Cat today. But
be warned. . . this little cat has a big bite.
Talk to your Scag dealer today to tame your own Tiger
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 10cc
pumps and large capacity wheel motors for reliable, zero turn maneuverability.
- Up to 10 MPH forward and 4.5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity
at a maximum.
- Ogura GT3.5 PTO clutch brake has 250 ft.
lbs. of torque for easy blade engagements and solid holding power in
heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Tiger
Cat into tight places. The Tiger Cat occupies less space on your trailer
without sacrificing performance.
- Choose a 48", 52" or 61" Velocity
cutter deck, matched with a powerful 25hp or 27hp Kohler air cooled engine. Click
here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Fully- welded unitized steel main frame design is
stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs. Front caster extension
is replaceable in the event of an impact.
- Dual 4 gallon fuel tanks (8 gallons total) keep you
in the field cutting grass. Fuel tanks feature extra large, angled filler
necks for easy filling. Molded-in cup holder allows
for added operator convenience and comfort.
- Aluminized engine exhaust reduces back
pressure, increases performance, and lasts longer than conventional
- 10cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth and reliable power.
Built in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and
add to hydraulic component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary
canister air filter system on Tiger Cat SS models. This
provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- The foot plate area is extra-large for improved
operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty
stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep belts
in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are
used on load-carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump
drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast-iron or stamped
pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight
for reduced wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually
use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys
are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front
caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
These bearings can handle a 50% larger load than standard ball bearings.
They are well suited to handle the daily pounding the front caster wheels
- Standard-style steering controls are ergonomically-shaped
and padded for easy control and maximum operator comfort.
- Steering dampers are designed and located for smooth
operation and minimal fatigue.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with
the convenient foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 5"
in 1/4" increments.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy
in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp
longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
reliable, top-notch performance day in and day out.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize
the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Large drive tires ensure solid traction and easy
curb climbing. Large pneumatic front caster tires for a smoother
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement
while trailering or when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven
when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel located
just to the left of the operator. It includes an ammeter, ignition
switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls
meter located toward the rear of the mower).
- User-friendly design allows quick access to the engine
and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Engine oil drain makes maintenance clean and easy.
- High quality electrical components such as switches,
wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard
equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers.
ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays
maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many productive accessories
for the Tiger Cat like the Tiger Striping
kit, the 16 bushel spindle driven
grass catcher, the 12 bushel dump-from-the-seat
catcher system, and many more!
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation. Promotional offer and pricing varies depending on the dealer and distributor. Promotion not available in all areas and is subject to participation by the local Scag Dealer/Distributor. Promotion may expire without notice or obligation.
TIGER CAT-SS ™ MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
||48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck,
25hp Kohler air-cooled engine
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck,
27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck,
27hp Kohler air-cooled engine
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag
All Tiger Cat models are equipped with foldable ROPS, pneumatic
(air-filled) front caster tires, and standard-style steering control levers.
Contact your local Scag
Dealer for more details.
| Tiger Cat-SS - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Weight (with ROPS):
|Height (with ROPS)
** Dimensions are subject to change.
|TESTIMONIALS (click here for more customer comments)
|Scag Owner in
|"Best mower I have ever owned."
|Scag Owner in
|"[This is] the most exceptional mower
tractor I have ever owned. I consider my Scag to be the finest piece
of power equipment on the market."
|Scag Owner in
|"Tested a [other brand] & [other brand].
Scag served us better. Better cut than the [other brand]. Better
dealer than both. Scag was an easy choice."
|Top of Page - Previous
© 2010 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.