The Scag Wildcat™
An Outstanding Grass Cutting Machine
A perfect blend of compact maneuverability and full-size performance, the Wildcat™ is the complete package.
Despite its compact size, this cat boasts many full-sized features like
a hydraulic oil cooler, dual 10cc hydraulic pumps and a unitized tubular
steel main frame.
Engine options range from 25hp to 27hp. Pair a powerful
engine with a 48", 52" or
Plus™ deck and you have an outstanding cutting machine.
With a low
center-of-gravity and wide drive tires, stability is never compromised. The operator
friendly design includes "Quick-Fit" control
levers, a Soft Ride seat, spacious foot platform, excellent visibility and a convenient instrument panel, providing
unmatched comfort and productivity so you can finish the job fast, with beautiful
Unleash the productivity of the Wildcat, and unleash your profitability!
Contact your local Scag dealer regarding the Wildcat today.*
* Limited availability. Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability
- Dual 10cc hydraulic pumps provide
smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Built-in pressure
relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life.
- Up to 10 MPH forward speeds and 4.5 MPH reverse speeds
keep productivity at a maximum.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle is more than
tough enough to handle the high horsepower and torque requirements of
this mower. Three year limited warranty.
- 48", 52" or 61" Velocity
decks and a 25hp air-cooled or 26hp
liquid-cooled Kawasaki*, or a 27hp Kohler air-cooled V-Twin
- Single tube, unitized frame construction delivers
solid strength and ensures years of trouble-free service. The main frame
was designed for strength and longevity. This is not a bolt together
unit that is often found on "competitive" mowers.
- Ogura GT3.5 PTO clutch/brake is rated at 250
ft. lbs. of torque for positive cutter blade engagement. The
clutch features an adjustable airgap for long service life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil cooler
keeps oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic
system component life.
- Dual 4 gallon fuel tanks (8 gallons total) keep
you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tanks feature extra large, angled
filler necks for easy filling. Molded-in cup holder.
- Interlocked parking brake prevents the mower from
being driven with the brake on, stopping premature brake wear.
- Cutter deck belt drive system travels straight from
the engine to the cutter deck for optimum belt life, rather than twisted
"mule" type systems used on other mowers.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with
the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment
from 1" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy
in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Tri-Plate cutter deck is incredibly strong.
.485" deck top thickness from three separate layers of steel.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys
are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump
drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron
or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and
lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter
deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands]
actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not
Scag. All Scag
pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front
caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- Quick-Fit steering control
dual dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers can
be adjusted to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing
- Extra large 24- inch drive tires and 6-inch wide Flat-Free
front caster tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing
and easy curb climbing (61"models; 23 inch drive tires on 52"
- Standard equipment auxiliary
canister air filter system on all Wildcat Mowers. This
provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler
engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling
- Aluminized engine exhaust reduces back
pressure, increasing performance, and lasts longer than conventional
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes
an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle
controls. Hour meter located near the engine.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize
the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- User-friendly mower design allows access to the engine
and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly
keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Solid hillside stability due to a low center-of-gravity
and wide stance.
- Mid back, Soft-Ride extra cushioned
seat with padded armrests and increased lower back support reduces
operator fatigue and increases operator comfort.
- Integrated cup holder increases operator
comfort and keeps your beverage securely in place.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard
equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional
operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays
maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories
for the Wildcat like the Tiger Striper lawn
striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen
light kits and more.
* Limited availability. Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
WILDCAT™ MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
* Limited availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|SCAG WILDCAT™ PRODUCT DIMENSIONS***
|Wildcat - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Weight (with ROPS):
|Height (with ROPS)
|Height (with ROPS folded down)
*** Dimensions are subject to change.
|TESTIMONIALS (click here for more customer comments)
|Dennis Woltemate ,
Owner of Woltemate Lawn Care,
|"Ease of accessibility for service and maintenance
is why I bought my first Scag. I am not a mechanic and they are so
easy to service. You never see Scag in the dealer's repair shop. The
cut is excellent. My business has doubled since I bought my first Turf
Tiger. I still have and use the original Scag mowers I bought over
10 years ago."
|Ron Kutter ,
Owner of Kutter's Ground Maintenance,
Gulf Shores, AL
|"Running a successful lawncare business
in the harsh elements along the gulf coast requires both dependable
and durable equipment. I have found that in Scag walk-behind and rider
mowers. I highly recommend Scag for any region of the country."
|Christopher J. White,
Director of Operations for Turfscape,
|"Turfscape has used Scag mowers for over 10 years.
We have found that the reliability and quality-of-cut far exceeds any
other commercial mower on the market. Our labor force finds them easy
to operate and our fleet mechanic rarely sees them on the shop floor.
When people ask us how we handle cutting so much grass in a week's
time... We tell them, 'Scag'."
Owner of S & G Services,
|"I've owned Scag mowers for 15
years and know how well they mow. When you buy something as good
as Scag, you're not willing to take a chance by switching brands.
In 15 years I've had no problems with my Scag mowers."
Owner of Ultimate Lawn Care,
|"Scag mowers have proven dependable,
highly productive and deliver the quality cut we provide to our
|Top of Page - Previous
+ Based on 3.9% for 60 months. Does not include tax, dealer setup, documentation
or other fees that may apply. Available financing depends on dealer participation
and customers credit score. See your Scag dealer for
details. Not all customers will qualify.
© 2010 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.