Scag Advantage Cutter Decks
Advantage Cutter Deck allows you to give your customers the quality
of cut they expect, regardless of grass type or cutting height.
At the same time, the Advantage deck increases the number of acres
you can cut in a day. Everyone wants happier customers and an increase
on their bottom line. Both can be achieved with the Scag Advantage.
The Advantage Cutter Deck is available on select Scag Walk
Behind mowers, Stand-On mowers and Zero Turn riding mowers .
Strength? Scag's tough cutter blade spindles and Tri-Plate
construction ensure solid performance and long life. Trim-side wear pad
protects deck from damage.
Productivity? With this deck you have the perfect Advantage
because it reduces the need for double cutting, even in the worst conditions.
Flexibility? The Advantage cuts everything from fine grasses
to weeds. The Custom-Cut™ Baffle System allows
you to customize the deck to your individual conditions for even more productivity.
Here's how it works: The cutter deck is 5" deep for enhanced vacuum and
mulching ability. The front, Custom-Cut™ Baffle,
is adjustable to provide an extra level of cutting performance not available
anywhere else. This baffle allows grass to stand up before the blade cuts it.
It prevents grass from getting bent over and avoiding the cutter blades. Even
tall, wiry grasses are cut clean, reducing "stringers" and double cutting.
Additional baffling under the deck aids in the even, wide spread of clippings
from the discharge chute. The discharge chute is made from a tough, polypropylene
that will not dent like metal. Check with your Scag dealer today
to find the Advantage deck that meets your needs.
Custom Cut Baffle™
Trim-Side Wear Pad
Tri-Plate Deck Design
- Up to nine (9) anti-scalp rollers in seven (7) different, strategic
locations around the cutter deck provide maximum turf protection.
- Front baffle chamber stands the grass up before being cut by the
blades. This enables the Advantage deck to cut taller grasses faster
and better than any other cutter deck on the market.
- The Advantage deck baffle design promotes the fast and efficient
discharge of clippings.
- The Turbo Baffle* increases discharge velocity throwing grass clippings
and debris farther away from the cutter deck. This promotes a more
even distribution of clippings, reducing "clumping" and "wind
- All Scag Mowers utilize the strongest cutter
blade spindles in the industry featuring cast iron housings
and dual tapered roller bearings. Nobody builds a more
durable, long-lasting, reliable cutter deck spindle.
- Rear airflow baffle ties into each spindle mounting area adding
additional strength to the entire cutter deck.
- Super rigid, Tri-Plate* deck construction results in a nearly 1/2" thick
steel cutter deck top, which is the strongest in the industry. The
cutter deck shell is 10-gauge with a top support layer of 10-gauge,
lower baffle reinforcement layer of 11-gauge, and 7-gauge side skirts.
Why would you settle for a single layer of steel?
- We are so confident of the strength of this cutter deck, we stand behind it with a 3-year "no crack" warranty. Turf Tiger mowers
feature a 3/4" square, solid steel bar welded to the front edge of the cutter deck. This helps prevent damage from impacts, etc.
(61" and 72" decks utilize a 10 gauge deck top, 7 gauge
deck skirts, a 7 gauge top support plate and 11 gauge plate welded inside the deck.)
- Custom-Cut™ Baffle System allows you to customize the cutter deck baffling to your conditions.
- A variety of cutter blade styles are available to match your specific cutting conditions and needs.
- More productivity. Cut more grass in less time!
- Less double cutting, even in the toughest grass conditions!
- One deck can cut everything from fine grasses to weeds!
* Turbo Baffle and Tri-Plate not included on all models.