Scag Hydraulic Oil Coolers
Wildcat, Turf Tiger, 48", 52" and 61" V-Rides and STHM mowers feature
hydraulic oil coolers as standard equipment. Oil coolers are
utilized on certain models to keep operating temperatures down
and add to the hydraulic system life.
All Scag hydraulic drive mowers
feature dual "closed-loop" hydraulic systems. The right
side and left side are separate hydraulic systems sharing only
the oil reservoir and the oil filter. Any oil carrying debris encountered
in one "closed-loop" system must pass through the 10
micron oil filter before reaching the other "closed-loop" system.
This ensures that any debris in either "closed-loop" system
would be captured by the filter, reducing potential damage to the
other "closed-loop" system. Sharing the oil reservoir
and filter makes servicing easy as you only need to change one
filter and maintain one oil reservoir.
HYDRAULIC OIL FLOW
*STHM has one pump and uses a single oil cooler.
- Although the cooler is a one-piece design, it is actually two separate coolers*
- Warm oil flows into the cooler and is cooled by the passing air drawn by the engine.
- Cool oil returns to the hydraulic system.
OIL COOLER BENEFITS
- Increased hydraulic system life
- Lower hydraulic system operating temperatures
- Reduced viscosity breakdown due to heat
- Dual cooler system keeps oil from the left and right side separate
- Oil cooler position allows for maximum airflow and cooling - engine draws air through the cooler for increased performance
- Scag uses oil coolers whenever necessary to keep oil temps at an acceptable level