Scag PTO Clutch Brakes
Scag utilizes only ultra high quality Ogura PTO clutch brakes for smooth blade engagements and fast blade stops.
Other manufacturers opt for less expensive, smaller capacity, non-adjustable, "disposable" clutches. Not Scag. Scag PTO clutch brakes are manufactured by Ogura, the world's best manufacturer of electromagnetic clutches.
All Ogura clutches feature an adjustable air-gap. What does that mean to you? It means that when most clutches are worn out and must be replaced at a significant cost to YOU, the Ogura clutch can be easily adjusted to bring it back into specification (your Scag dealer can perform this adjustment).
These clutches also feature industry leading torque values (the holding power that links the engine to the cutter deck drive system) to ensure solid drive to the cutter deck and no slipping in heavy conditions.
Ogura Clutch Features:
- Solid forged rotor - A one piece solid forged rotor means no chance of internal parts separation. The rotors also have an even wall thickness around the coil which gives optimum flux distribution, maximizing torque.
- High temperature, long life grease - All models include our special long life grease which has shown a significant improvement in life over other standard high temp greases.
- Adjustable air-gap - When the rotor and armature have worn away, a simple adjustment can be made to bring the clutch back into specification.
- High temperature epoxy coil - To help prevent failure from both vibration and outside contaminants, all coils are sealed in the coil shell with a high temperature epoxy coating.
- Forged machined pulley - All models use a heavy duty machined pulley. A stronger pulley resists damage due to abusive environments and will last longer than stamped designs.