The Scag Tiger Striper - Lawn Striping System
Take Your Lawn to the Next Level.
The patented Scag Tiger Striper Lawn Striping System is the ultimate way to enhance the striping ability of your Scag Turf Tiger, Cheetah (48"-52" or 61"-72") , Wildcat, Tiger Cub, Tiger Cat, Z-Cat, Freedom Z, Freedom Z Pro or Liberty Z*. This lawn striper has unique features that allow you to turn the stripe on and off, and remove the entire roller system without tools by pulling two "quick pins". It is spring-loaded so it applies downward pressure onto the grass. This further enhances the stripe and allows the roller to contour to uneven terrain better than standard fixed rollers, even at high mowing and transport speeds.
The entire lawn striping system mounts behind the rear drive tires. The advantage to mounting the roller at the rear is that it is the last thing to contact the grass. The tires and cutter deck pass over the grass and as a final step, the roller intensifies and evens out the stripe.
Be sure to check out the Show Your Stripes page, as well as our social media page for hundreds, if not thousands, of lawn striping pictures. Please read further to learn more about this innovative lawn striper.
*Tiger Striper shown is for Turf Tiger, Cheetah and Tiger Cat. Widths of the roller assembly vary with mower model.
Up to (8) eight, commercial-grade, individual rollers lay down the grass for a deep beautiful stripe. Bushings in each roller for long life.
The stripe can be turned "off" by locking the roller in the up position. Simply lift each side of the roller and engage the spring-loaded pin.
Spring-Loaded Design Creates Beautiful Stripes
The downward force created by the spring-loaded rollers creates a deeper, longer lasting stripe pattern.
- Removes and Reinstalls Easily Without Tools After the initial installation, the entire Tiger Striper system removes and reinstalls easily, without tools. Just lock the roller in the "up" position, remove two "quick-pins" and slide the entire assembly off the mower. Built-in handles make removal and installation easy.
- Mounting Location is Ideal for a High Intensity Stripe The roller assembly is narrower than the rear drive tire width to protect it from impacts while turning or mowing around obstacles. The advantage to mounting the roller at the rear is that it is the last thing to contact the grass. The tires and cutter deck pass over the grass and as a final step, the roller lays the stripe. This reduces wheel track marks and delivers a more even stripe pattern.
- Spring-Loaded Design Creates Beautiful Stripes The downward force created by the spring-loaded rollers creates a deeper, longer lasting stripe pattern compared to primitive solid mount roller designs that only brush across the tips of the grass. The spring-loaded design allows the roller to constantly adjust to the ground, eliminating the need to adjust the roller for different cutting heights. The spring tension also keeps the roller firmly against the ground, even over rough terrain at high cutting speeds.
- Turn the Stripe On or Off Without Removing the Roller The stripe can be turned "off" by locking the roller in the up position. Simply lift each side of the roller and engage the spring-loaded pin. To turn the stripe back "on", lift up on the handles and turn the pins. It's that simple! The roller will contact the ground and is ready to lay some beautiful striping patterns!
- High-Quality Rollers Feature Bushings for Long Life Up to (8) eight individual rollers lay the grass down for a deep, beautiful stripe. Each roller is replaceable in the event of damage. Each roller rotates on oil-lite bushings for long life and smooth rolling.