Velocity Plus™ RD - Rear Discharge Cutter Decks
Versatility? The Velocity Plus™ rear discharge deck is ideal for cemeteries, road sides, medians and parking lots, or any other location in which side discharging is not allowed or is undesirable.
Strength? Scag's tough cutter blade spindles and Tri-Plate construction ensure solid performance and long life. Replaceable trim-side wear pads on both the left and right sides of the deck protect the deck and landscape from damage.
Productivity - An extra-large rear discharge opening enhances discharge for even clipping dispersal.
Flexibility - The Velocity Plus™ cuts everything from fine grasses to tough weeds.
Tri-Plate Deck Tops
Super rigid, Tri-Plate deck construction results in a nearly 1/2" thick (.485") steel cutter deck top.
Baffles direct the clippings to the rear of the deck, between the rear drive tires. Massive discharge opening with rear deflector flap.
Front Baffle Chamber
Special front baffle chamber allows the grass to be lifted up before the blade cuts it.
The industry's best spindle. Tapered roller bearings. 1-1/8" hardened shaft. And so much more.More Info
Replaceable trim-side wear pads protect both sides of the deck and landscaping from scraping and impact damage.
Kevlar corded belts are kept in perfect adjustment for long life and top performance.
- Five (5) front anti-scalp rollers in three (3) different, strategic locations provide maximum turf protection.
- Front baffle chamber stands the grass up before being cut by the blades. This enables the Velocity Plus™ deck to cut taller grasses faster and better than any other cutter deck on the market.
- The Velocity Plus™ rear discharge deck is ideal for cemeteries, road sides, medians and parking lots, or any other location in which side discharging is not allowed or is undesirable.
- The strongest cutter blade spindles in the industry featuring cast iron housings and dual tapered roller bearings. Nobody builds a more durable, long-lasting, reliable cutter deck spindle.
- Super rigid, Tri-Plate* deck construction results in a nearly 1/2" thick (.485") steel cutter deck top, which is the strongest in the industry. The cutter deck shell is 10-gauge with a top support layer of 10-gauge, lower baffle reinforcement layer of 11-gauge, and 7-gauge side skirts. Why would you settle for a single layer of steel?
- We are so confident in the strength of this cutter deck, we stand behind it with a 3-year "no crack" warranty.
- Replaceable trim-side wear pads (on left and right side) protect the deck and landscaping from scraping and impact damage.
- A variety of cutter blade styles are available to match your specific cutting conditions and needs.
- More productivity. Cut more grass in less time!
- Less double cutting, even in the toughest grass conditions!
- Highly flexible rear discharge flap will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.