The Briggs & Stratton® Vanguard® BIG BLOCK™ EFI engine found on select Scag® mower models is a proven performer with power and reliability. Features include:
- V-Twin OHV technology.
- Advanced debris management.
- Dual ball bearings.
- Dura-Bore cast-iron cylinder sleeve.
- Oxygen sensor—closed-loop system.
- High-pressure fuel-pump module.
- Electric-control module (ECU).
- Full-pressure lubrication with spin-on oil filter.
- Centrally located oil pump and pickup.
- Oil cooler.
- Heavy-duty cylinder and sump.
- High-efficiency head design.
- Lightweight piston and ring package.
- Dynamically balanced crankshaft.
- Five-inch, centrifugal, multi-stage air cleaner.
- Industrial-grade solenoid shift starter.
- Magnetron® electronic ignition.
- Engineered-resin blower housing, phase-modulated flywheel fan, and large-volume Super Lo-Tone muffler.
* Note: Engine specifications based upon manufacturer-supplied information. All specifications subject to change at any time without notice or obligation. Engine specifications may vary by model.