The Scag Patriot
True Commercial-Grade. Incredible Value.
This impressive zero-turn rider is designed with the needs of lawn care
pros in mind. Delivering commercial-grade results at an incredible
value, the Patriot will exceed your expectations and have
your “competition” talking. The Patriot is equipped with a
productive 52” or 61” cutter deck to leave behind a beautiful
quality-of-cut. Its strong hydro drive system brings the
power and keeps you moving at ground speeds of up
to 10 mph (SPZ61), while large front caster tires and
extra-large drive tires provide dependable
traction, stability and a smooth ride.
A new ultra-plush bolstered seat, large diameter steering handles, and rubber iso-mounted foot plate give the operator a comfortable ride. The Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power and have spin-on oil filters for easy maintenance. Two independent hydraulic transaxle units with charge pumps and all metal gears. A dual purpose foot pedal brake is standard equipment and makes parking easier than ever before.
The Patriot 52" and 61" will handle your toughest commercial jobs and large estate properties with ease and comfort. All of that and it leaves behind a beautiful quality-of-cut your competition and neighbors will be jealous of. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding features of the Patriot and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Patriot stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
Contoured, Bolstered Mid-Back Seat
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable. Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
Powerful Engine Options
Powerful 22hp or 23hp Kawasaki FX Series engines available with heavy-duty canister air cleaner system.More Info
Deep, Fabricated and Welded Cutter Decks
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
Powerful PTO Clutch Brake
Ogura GT 2 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.More Info
All Steel, Extra-Wide, Rubber Iso-Mounted Foot Plate
Heavy-duty construction. Rubber iso-mounts absorb vibrations. Extruded holes for traction and to allow debris to fall away. Wide platform for easy on and off.
Full-Featured Instrument Panel
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
Foot Pedal Parking Brake
Allows the parking brake to be engaged without taking your hands off of the steering controls.
Extra Large Drive Tires
23" drive tires on 61" models, 22" drive tires on 52" models. Superior traction and smooth ride.
Easy Cutter Deck Leveling
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it's an easy fix with four-point deck leveling.
- Match a 52" or 61" cutter deck with a Kawasaki FX Series V-Twin engine with canister air filter is the exclusive engine of the Scag Patriot.
- 10 MPH (SPZ61) or 8.5 MPH (SPZ52) forward and 5 MPH in reverse ground speeds for more productivity.
- 52" or 61" fully fabricated cutter decks are tough and deliver the beautiful cut that Scag mowers are known for.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-3400 (61”) or ZT-3100 (52”) hydro transaxles with all metal gears and spin-on oil filters.The ZT drive systems deliver smooth and solid power to the drive wheels. Large cooling fans keep temperatures low and extend component life.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity (single tank) lets you cut longer between fill-ups. Built-in fuel gauge.
- Heavy-duty, aluminum, sealed ball bearing blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season.
- Tubular steel main frame delivers unmatched strength and longevity.
- Open, easily accessible engine compartment makes maintenance easy and provides ample cooling for the V-twin engine. Engine oil drain and air filter are within easy reach.
- Extra-large drive tires (22” on SPZ52; 23” on SPZ61) and front caster tires (13 x 5 - 6 on SPZ52; 13 x 6.5 on SPZ61) ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Full-featured instrument panel features ignition switch, throttle control. choke control, PTO deck engagement switch and a digital hour meter with built-in maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- The Ogura PTO Clutch Brake delivers reliable blade start and stops. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other clutches do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 52" & 61" Scag Patriot. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Foot operated brake with park lock feature allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off the steering levers. A simple lock lever can be engaged with the foot pedal depressed to keep the brake on.
- Ausco disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style design for maximum holding power.
- Large diameter, padded steering levers make driving the Patriot a breeze. Total control, at your fingertips.
- Marbain steel cutter blades stay sharp longer for a better looking cut and reduced maintenance.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 5 " in 1/4" increments.
- Dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness.
- Cup holder keeps beverage within easy reach and is standard equipment.
- Deck leveling adjustment brackets allow for easy deck leveling adjustment.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of service. 2-year Commercial or 3-years or 500 hours (whichever comes first) Non-Commercial warranty.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- There are many, time saving, accessories for the Patriot like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, 2-bag fabric grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|SPZ52-22FX||52" Cutter Deck, 22hp Kawasaki FX691 air-cooled engine|
|SPZ61-23FX||61" Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki FX730 air-cooled engine|
|Scag Patriot - Product Dimensions||52" Patriot||61" Patriot|
|Width (chute down)||64.5"||73.5"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||53"||63"|
|Weight||805 lbs.||875 lbs.|
7-bushel capacity and an 8" discharge tube, this is a serious debris catching system.
Chrome Wheel Covers
12" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
Discharge opening block-off plates for 52" & 61" Cutter Decks.
Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit.
Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.