The Scag SW Belt-Drive Walk-Behind
In 1986, with the introduction of Scag's first belt-drive Walk Behind mower, a revolution was started in the commercial mower industry.
A fundamental element of any commercial cutter fleet, the SW belt-drive walk-behind continues to prove its worth through its simple design and efficient operation.
Twin power belts maximize drive performance in all weather conditions. With the spring assisted EZ Grip hand controls and the reliable Peerless five-speed drive system, you can expect trouble free, productive performance.
The 5-speed transmission features 9-spline coupler construction for added durability and longevity. And with the exclusive Advantage™ and Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, you get the perfect cut, the first time, every time.
Visit your local Scag dealer to setup a field demonstration today! Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
5-Speed Peerless transmission features nine-spline coupler shafts for durability and a wide selection of forward ground speeds.
Twin Drive Belts
Twin power belts provide double friction to pulley surfaces and reduce slipping in wet conditions.
Spring-assisted EZ-Grip design reduces hand force required to operate drive controls for maximum operator comfort.
Dependable Ogura Clutch
Clutch engages and disengages the blades quickly and easily. Adjustable air-gap for long life.More Info
Velocity Plus Cutter Decks
48" or 52" Velocity Plus decks deliver an amazing quality of cut, and a wide, even discharge.More Info
Scag Cast Iron Spindles
Ultra-tough cast-iron housings, tapered roller bearings, top mounted grease fitting with a relief valve to prevent over greasing.More Info
Handlebars adjust to (3) three different positions to enhance operator comfort.
Replaceable Front Caster Arms
Heavy-duty caster extensions are replaceable in the event of a damaging impact.
Powerful and Efficient Engine Options
SW mowers powered by powerful air-cooled Kawasaki FS engines.
- Five-speed Peerless transmission for ground speeds from 2 to 6 mph. Transmission features 9 spline couplers for increased durability.
- Your choice of engines: Powerful and efficient Kawasaki V-Twin engine options.
- Choose a Standard 32" cutter deck, 36" Advantage™, or 48" or 52" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Click here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Convenient dash panel puts the controls at your fingertips, including key switch, throttle, cutter deck engagement switch and optional hour meter.
- Heavy gauge handlebars are adjustable to provide additional comfort for taller operators. Handlebars have three height settings and fit a wide variety of operators.
- Redesigned handlebars allow for more comfortable operation, with reduced handlebar diameter and adjusted steering lever angle. Twin hand controls with spring assisted EZ-GRIP allows for smooth, precise responsiveness. EZ-GRIP reduces the amount of hand force required to operate the mower for increased operator comfort.
- Operator presence controls are vinyl-dipped and designed for operator comfort.
- Large 5.5 gallon, rust-free fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting. This tank design is 20% larger than tanks on other mower brands. Molded-in cup holder provides added operator convenience and comfort.
- Extra durable front caster arms are designed to handle rough environments.
- Heavy-duty Flat-Free caster wheels with quick pin removal for easy maintenance and cutting height adjustments. Semi-pneumatic tire design virtually eliminates downtime and expense resulting from flat front tires.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages the cutter blades. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Twin power drive belts supply solid smooth power to the drive wheels, reducing slippage in wet conditions.
- "Split-Steel" pulley design is stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. They are precision matched and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide unbeatable performance.
- Adjustable front center anti-scalp wheel (52" Velocity Plus cutter deck only).
- Padded, ergonomically shaped shift lever makes shifting gears simple.
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler pulley adds to reliability.
- Heavy 1/2"-diameter cutter deck mounting hardware increases deck mounting strength.
- User-friendly design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Flexible discharge chute will not dent like metal chutes.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- There are many, time saving accessories for the SW Walk Behind like grass catchers and mulching systems.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|SW32-14FS||SW Walk Behind; 32" Cutter Deck, 14hp Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine|
|SW36A-14FS||SW Walk Behind; 36" Advantage Cutter Deck, 14hp Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine|
|SW48V-14FS||SW Walk Behind; 48" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck, 14hp Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine|
|SW52V-15FS||SW Walk Behind; 52" Velocity Plus Cutter Deck, 15hp Kawasaki 541FS air-cooled engine|
** Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability information.
|SW - Product Dimensions||32" SW||36" SW||48" SW||52" SW|
|Width (chute down)||43"||47"||605"||64.5"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||33"||37"||49"||53"|
|Weight||450 lbs.||470 lbs.||515 lbs.||535 lbs.|
** Dimensions are subject to change.
Fabric Bag Grass Catcher GC-F4
The Scag Fabric Bag Grass Catcher features a 4-cubic-foot capacity and is lightweight for easy dumping.
Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
Discharge opening block-off plates for 48" & 52" Cutter Decks.
Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.