The Scag SW - Belt-Drive Walk-Behind
In 1984, with the introduction of Scag's first belt-drive Walk Behind mower,
a revolution was started in the commercial mower industry. A fundamental
element of any commercial cutter fleet, the SW belt-drive walk-behind
continues to prove its worth through its simple design and efficient
Twin power belts maximize drive performance in all weather conditions. With the
spring assisted EZ Grip hand controls and the reliable Peerless five-speed drive
system, you can expect trouble free, productive performance.
The 5-speed transmission
features 9-spline coupler construction for added durability and longevity. And
with the exclusive Advantage™ and Velocity
Plus™ cutter decks, you get the perfect cut, the first time, every
Visit your local Scag dealer to setup a field demonstration
- 32 ", 36", 48" or 52" cutter
- Powerful Kawasaki V-Twin engines
- Twin power drive belts
- Heavy gauge handlebars and frame for durability
6-Gallon Fuel Tank
Twin drive belts
Split steel pulleys
Removable front casters
- Five-speed Peerless transmission for ground speeds
from 2 to 6 mph. Transmission features 9 spline couplers for increased
- Your choice of engines: Powerful and efficient Kawasaki V-Twin engine options.
- Choose a Standard 32" cutter deck, 36" Advantage™,
or 48" or 52" Velocity Plus™
cutter deck. Click here for a complete list
of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Convenient dash panel puts the controls at your fingertips,
including key switch, throttle, cutter deck engagement switch and optional
- Heavy gauge handlebars are adjustable to
provide additional comfort for taller operators. Handlebars have three
height settings and fit a wide variety of operators.
- Redesigned handlebars allow for more comfortable operation, with reduced handlebar diameter and adjusted steering lever angle. Twin hand controls with spring assisted EZ-GRIP allows
for smooth, precise responsiveness. EZ-GRIP reduces the amount of hand
force required to operate the mower for increased operator comfort.
- Operator presence controls are vinyl-dipped and designed for operator comfort.
- Large 5.5 gallon, rust-free fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting. This tank design is 20% larger than tanks on other mower brands. Molded-in cup holder provides added operator convenience and comfort.
- Extra durable front caster arms are designed to handle rough environments.
- Heavy-duty Flat-Free caster wheels with quick
pin removal for easy maintenance and cutting height adjustments. Semi-pneumatic tire design virtually eliminates downtime and expense resulting from flat front tires.
- Ogura PTO clutch brake engages the cutter blades.
Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Twin power drive belts supply solid smooth power
to the drive wheels, reducing slippage in wet conditions.
- "Split-Steel" pulley
design is stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs.
They are precision matched and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased
wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide unbeatable performance.
- Adjustable front center anti-scalp wheel (52"
Velocity Plus cutter deck only).
- Padded, ergonomically shaped shift lever makes shifting
- Double stacked roller bearings in cutter deck idler
pulley adds to reliability.
- Heavy 1/2"-diameter Spiralock cutter deck mounting hardware increases deck mounting strength.
- User-friendly design allows quick, clean access to
the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Flexible discharge chute will not dent like metal chutes.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable
- There are many, time saving accessories
for the SW Walk Behind like grass catchers and mulching systems.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
SW MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
|| SW Walk Behind; 32" Cutter
Deck, Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine
|| SW Walk Behind; 36" Advantage Cutter
Deck, Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine
|| SW Walk Behind; 48" Velocity Plus
Cutter Deck, Kawasaki 481FS air-cooled engine
|| SW Walk Behind; 52" Velocity Plus
Cutter Deck, Kawasaki 541FS air-cooled engine
** Contact your local Scag dealer for specific availability
|SW - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
** Dimensions are subject to change.
|TESTIMONIALS (click here for more customer comments)
Owner of Lawnfitness,
am proud of what I do to make money, and am proud to have Scag
Equipment. When everybody else was buying the poor man's mower,
I bought the best. I've owned the same Scag mower for 13 years
and still say it is the best."
Owner of L. DelMauro and Sons,
|"We have some Scag belt drives
in our fleet that are twelve years old and still running. They
require less maintenance than other machines, they're easy to grease,
and we don't have to worry about the belts. They cut better than
others in the rain. Scag is the best machine on the market."
Maintenance Dept. Supervisor Western
DuPage Services, Inc., Naperville IL
|"We made the switch
to Scag mowers in 1991. We were looking for a midsize Walk Behind
mower that was built to last, produced a quality result, economical
to maintain, easy to use and reasonably priced. Five of the six
original mowers we purchased in 1991 are still in use today!"
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2013 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc.