Dual-Fuel Scag Turf Tiger
Ready to Roar on Gasoline or Propane!
Since its introduction, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. While other mowers attempt to compare, none come close. You simply can not find a more heavy-duty, feature packed commercial mower. The double-tube main frame, driveshaft driven deck, heavy-duty hydraulics, cast-iron cutter deck spindles, adjustable PTO clutch brake and pure industrial quality front to back, set the Turf Tiger apart from everything else on the market.
The new Dual-Fuel Turf Tiger runs on either gasoline or propane, and yet again sets itself apart from the competition. The operator can switch between the two fuel sources by simply flipping a switch right from the seat, even with the engine running! This level of flexibility can not be found on any other mower today.
Ozone action day?* No problem. Just flip the switch over to propane, cut grass and leave beautiful results with the Velocity Plus cutter deck. Running low on propane, or working in an area where it is not required? Flip the switch back over to gasoline. Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Dual Fuel Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition.
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
Note: To meet the demands of propane-only requirements, this model can be easily converted to propane-only by installing a simple conversion kit, part number 462222. Consult with your local Scag dealer for more information.
*Contact your local state and/or city authorities regarding environmental / clean air regulations.
Easy Tank Release System
Commercial grade clamping system keeps the tanks in place but is easy to open for replacing empties.
Switch From Gasoline To Propane
Simply flip the switch to start burning gasoline or propane. No valves, no plumbing required. You can even flip the switch while the engine is running. No harm done!
Easy To Read Propane Gauges
Commercial tanks and gauges are built to last and keep you in the know on the amount of available fuel left to burn.
Heavy-Duty Double Tube Steel Main Frame
Ultra-strong and built for long life. Wide mower stance for stability.
Velocity Plus Cutter Decks
61" or 72" Velocity Plus decks deliver an amazing quality of cut, and a wide, even discharge.More Info
Scag Cast Iron Spindles
Ultra-tough cast-iron housings, tapered roller bearings, top mounted grease fitting with a relief valve to prevent over greasing.More Info
Industrial-Grade Hydraulic System
16cc Hydro-Gear hydraulic pumps (cooling fans on select models) with Parker Hydraulic Wheel Motors.More Info
Driveshaft Driven Cutter Deck
A driveshaft connects the engine to the deck, eliminating the long belt drive and increases cutting height range.
Auxiliary Hydraulic Oil Cooler
Standard equipment oil cooler extends system life by keeping hydraulic oil cooler. Cooler location utilizes the engine air flow to draw cool air through the cooling fins.More Info
Command-Comfort Operating Station
Torsion spring suspension seat, Quick-Fit adjustable steering levers, and adjustable deck lift pedal.More Info
Powerful PTO Clutch Brake
Ogura GT 3.5 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.More Info
Full-Featured Instrument Panel
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter (engine temperature gauge on liquid-cooled, check engine light on EFI, glow plug light on diesel models). Ammeter or volt meter on some models.
Powerful and Efficient Engine Options
Kubota DF972 Liquid-cooled, powered by gasoline or propane.
Foot Pedal Deck Lift
Easy to lift. Pedal has three positions it can be mounted in to best match operator preference.
Easy Deck Level Adjuster
Quickly and easily adjust your cutter deck to be perfectly level.
Rear Access Panel
Easy, no tools, access to the pump drive and PTO drive systems. Self-adjusting belt systems keep belts perfectly tensioned.
Replaceable Front Caster Extensions
Heavy-duty caster extensions are replaceable in the event of a damaging impact.
Huge 24" Drive Tires
Roll fast and smooth on 24" rear drive tires. Climb curbs easily.
|Product Feature||Scag Dual-Fuel Turf Tiger||The "other guys"||Scag Benefit|
|Dual-Fuel capable?||Yes||No||Scag is the only dual-fuel powered commercial mower on the market today. This gives the operator the flexibility to run whatever fuel best suits the situation.
|Standard Industrial tanks?||Yes. They can be filled or exchanged/purchased at any propane supply business.||No, custom tanks with internal baffling, special order tanks.||Scag uses standard propane tanks which are easy to fill and cost effective to have extras on hand. The "other guys" use specialized tanks, not readily available at most propane supply stores.
|Engine manufacturer supplied and approved fuel system?||Yes, Kubota factory dual-fuel system is EPA certified and CARB compliant. Carries Kubota factory warranty.||No, add-on aftermarket systems. Warranty? EPA certified? CARB compliant?||Scag uses the Kubota supplied and approved, factory designed, installed, and warranted dual-fuel system. Other mower companies use an aftermarket, add-on fuel system, not made by the original engine manufacturer. Engine manufacturer warranty?
|Liquid or Vapor Withdrawal?||Liquid||Vapor||The heated regulator used by Scag helps prevent “freeze-up” situations (which kill the engine) experienced by non-heated regulators.|
- The reliable dual fuel, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, Kubota engine achieves high power density from its larger bore and stroke sizes, enabling it to deliver more power from a smaller crankcase. In addition to its power and performance, it also delivers maximum fuel efficiency and cleaner exhaust. Operators are also sure to appreciate the low noise levels. Scag's rubber iso-mounting system minimizes vibration from the engine.
- The dual-fuel system gives the operator the flexibility and choice to run whatever fuel best suits their cutting situation. If there are certain days in which an area requires the use of cleaner fuels, simply flip the switch to propane! When operated on LP, the engine produces 30% fewer smog-forming emissions (HC+NOx) and 8% less carbon monoxide (CO) than when operated on gasoline.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear pumps with cooling fans and Hydro-Gear 18c.i. wheel motors for reliable, zero-turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life. Cooling fans mounted directly to the pumps provide additional cooling for added pump life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life.
- Up to 12 MPH forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Driveshaft-driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance, season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- The 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck is an excellent match with the 31hp gas / 29hp dual-fuel Kubota engine.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. It also directs heat away from the operator as the engine fan blows towards the rear of the mower. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
- Single11-gallon gasoline fuel tank keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank is positioned low, in the center of the machine, adding to the mower's low center-of-gravity and excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
- Dual 7.9-gallon (33.5 lbs.) propane tanks, (total: 15.8 gal., 67 lbs. capacity) deliver approximately 7-8 hours of total run time depending on cutting conditions .
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. The clutch body is riveted together for additional strength. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort. Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Suspension seat with cushioned armrests is adjustable to individual operator weights for increased support and reduced operator fatigue. The back angle can easily be adjusted and there is also adjustable lumbar support.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
- Extra large 24 or 23 inch drive tires and 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- NO plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an volt-meter, ignition switch, mower cutter deck engagement switch, water temperature gauge, oil pressure, separate choke and throttle controls, switch for gasoline and propane. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra-wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. This mower features a 525 CCA (Cold Cranking Amp) "Maintenance Free" battery, alternator, solid state ignition and 40 amp charging system. Dielectric grease at major electrical connections.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|STT61V-31KB-DF||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 31hp Dual-Fuel Kubota, liquid-cooled engine|
|STT72V-31KB-DF||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 31hp Dual-Fuel Kubota, liquid-cooled engine|
|Turf Tiger - Product Dimensions||61" Turf Tiger||72" Turf Tiger|
|Width (chute down)||73.5"||83"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||62"||73"|
|Weight||1760 lbs.||1820 lbs.|
|Height (ROPS up)||67.5"||67.5"|
|Height (ROPS folded)||56.5"||56.5"|
Tiger Rear Bumper
Protect the rear of your Turf Tiger from damage. *NOTE: can not be used with grass collection systems.
Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Discharge opening block-off plates for 52", 61" and 72" Cutter Decks.
Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
Operator Controlled Discharge Chute allows you to quickly and easily block off the discharge chute while mowing.
Chrome Wheel Covers
12" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit.