- Operator Suspension System isolates the operator foot and seat platform via a Gabriel® coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The operator platform (seat and foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts (front pivot, rear pivot and shock...that's it!). In addition to the platform, Quick-Fit
control levers and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine
to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Up to 16 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles = Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). High Range is perfect for traveling from job site to job site in an industrial park or subdivision or for transport back to the trailer. High Range can be used for cutting in less demanding conditions, like late season cutting, laying patterns or cutting dry grass. Most general cutting is best performed in Low Range.
- Choose a 61" or 72" Velocity
Plus™ cutter deck and match
that with a Kawasaki 850FX, 32hp Briggs Vanguard Big Block, Kawasaki 921FX , 34hp Kohler Command or 36hp Briggs Vanguard Big Block engine.
- Choose a 61" Velocity
Plus™ Rear Discharge cutter deck and match
that with a Kawasaki 921FX
- Dual fuel tanks, 15 gallon total capacity keep
you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning
and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity
and giving it excellent hillside stability.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers
superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design
is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed
for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 or GT5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers
up to 350 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. GT3.5 clutch with 250 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 61" Cheetah. GT5 model
with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 72" Cheetah.
Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily
handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful
mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Standard equipment auxiliary
canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This
provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with
the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide
range of adjustment from 1.25" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize
the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy
in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Quick-Fit steering control
with dual gas-charged dampeners for
smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without
tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- The gas-charged dampeners have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
- Custom, high-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard
equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional
operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds away without adding height or length to the mower when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster
wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate
downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front
caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced
maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are
used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump
drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped
pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight
for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually
use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys
are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Flip-up footplate panel for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes
an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls.
The hour meter is conveniently located
in the instrument panel.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access
to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels
require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly
keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally
low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial
warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp
longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches,
wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays
maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hourmeter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories
for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen
light kits and more.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
|SCAG CHEETAH MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|Cheetah - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Height (with ROPS)
|Height (with ROPS folded down)
* Dimensions are subject to change.
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2012 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.