The Scag Turf Tiger
Since its original introduction in 1997, the Turf Tiger™ has been in a class by itself. There is no competition. Period.
The Scag Turf Tiger can cover major grass with ground speeds up to 12mph (10.5mph on some models) and large, low-mounted fuel tank. The simple, trouble-free shaft drive cutter deck means minimum maintenance requirements and a wide range of cutting heights. The double tube steel main frame gives the mower incredible strength and durability. Folding ROPS, replaceable front caster extensions, flat free caster tires with tapered roller bearings, and Command Comfort Operator's Station are just a few of the MANY features the Turf Tiger offers.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ cutter decks, to the various high-power, fuel efficient engine options like the fuel injected Kawasaki or Kohler EFI, diesel, propane, or massive 35hp Big Block models, there's a Tiger that will increase your productivity and send your competition running for cover!
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today and see for yourself how the Scag Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
Alternative fuel (propane) Turf Tiger models are also available. Click here for more information on propane powered Turf Tigers.
Heavy-Duty Double Tube Steel Main Frame
Ultra-strong and built for long life. Wide mower stance for stability.
Velocity Plus Cutter Decks
52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus decks deliver an amazing quality of cut, and a wide, even discharge.More Info
Scag Cast Iron Spindles
Ultra-tough cast-iron housings, tapered roller bearings, top mounted grease fitting with a relief valve to prevent over greasing.More Info
Industrial-Grade Hydraulic System
16cc Hydro-Gear hydraulic pumps (cooling fans on select models) with Parker Hydraulic Wheel Motors.More Info
Driveshaft Driven Cutter Deck
A driveshaft connects the engine to the deck, eliminating the long belt drive and increases cutting height range.
Auxiliary Hydraulic Oil Cooler
Standard equipment oil cooler extends system life by keeping hydraulic oil cooler. Cooler location utilizes the engine air flow to draw cool air through the cooling fins.More Info
Command-Comfort Operating Station
Torsion spring suspension seat, Quick-Fit adjustable steering levers, and adjustable deck lift pedal.More Info
Powerful PTO Clutch Brake
Ogura GT 3.5 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.More Info
Full-Featured Instrument Panel
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter (engine temperature gauge on liquid-cooled, check engine light on EFI, glow plug light on diesel models). Ammeter or volt meter on some models.
Powerful and Efficient Engine Options
Air-cooled, liquid-cooled, EFI and DFI fuel injection, gas, diesel, and propane options.More Info
Foot Pedal Deck Lift
Easy to lift. Pedal has three positions it can be mounted in to best match operator preference.
Easy Deck Level Adjuster
Quickly and easily adjust your cutter deck to be perfectly level.
Rear Access Panel
Easy, no tools, access to the pump drive and PTO drive systems. Self-adjusting belt systems keep belts perfectly tensioned.
Replaceable Front Caster Extensions
Heavy-duty caster extensions are replaceable in the event of a damaging impact.
Huge 24" Drive Tires
Roll fast and smooth on 24" rear drive tires. Climb curbs easily.
- Up to 12 MPH (most models) or 10.5 MPH (26CH-EFI and 25KA models) forward speeds and 5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear BDP-16A pumps and Parker wheel motors for reliable, Zero Turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra large input bearing, input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance. Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to pump life.
- Diesel and larger horsepower gas models (12mph ground speed units) feature a cooling fan mounted directly to each hydraulic pump providing additional cooling for added pump life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds to hydraulic system component life.
- Driveshaft driven cutter deck eliminates belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared to a belt drive system.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Choose a 52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a Kawasaki DFI , Kohler EFI, Briggs Vanguard or Kubota diesel engine.
- Fuel injected engine options: The Kawasaki DFI (digital fuel injection) and the Kohler EFI (electronic fuel injection) are both incredibly powerful and efficient powerhouses. These engines will start easier and are more fuel efficient than carbureted models, reducing overall operating cost.
- Single fuel tank, 8.5 gallon capacity (11 gal. on Kubota diesel) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tank is positioned low, in the center of the machine, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. A GT5 model with 350 ft. lbs. of torque is used with the 35hp Briggs Vanguard engines. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers (except CH25 propane powered models). This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. Kohler engines feature removable access panels for easy cleaning of the cooling fins.
- Engine radiator is mounted in front of the engine, as the engine manufacturer intended. Having the radiator positioned behind the seat offers extra protection against impacts and foreign material. Hydraulic oil cooler is also mounted in front of the radiator for maximum airflow and heat dissipation.
- Engine hood on liquid cooled models help protect engine from debris damage.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different cutting height settings).
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Command-Comfort Operator's Station provides unmatched fatigue-fighting comfort. Quick-Fit control levers, torsion spring suspension seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in place and within easy reach.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires: 61" and 72" inch models; 23 inch tires on 52" model, and up to 13 x 6 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, water temperature gauge (liquid-cooled engines only), separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen light kits and more.
- Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|STT52V-26CH-EFI||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT61V-25KBD||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kubota Diesel , liquid-cooled engine|
|STT61V-25KA||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kawasaki FD750D liquid-cooled engine|
|STT61V-26CH-EFI||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT61V-26DFI||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kawasaki FD791liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected|
|STT61V-35BVAC||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine|
|STT72V-26CH-EFI||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine|
|STT72V-25KBD||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kubota Diesel , liquid-cooled engine|
|STT72V-26DFI||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kawasaki FD791liquid-cooled engine, fuel-injected|
|STT72V-35BVAC||72" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 35hp Briggs-Vanguard air-cooled engine|
|Turf Tiger - Product Dimensions||52" Turf Tiger||61" Turf Tiger||72" Turf Tiger|
|Width (chute down)||64.5"||73.5"||83"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||53"||62"||73"|
|Weight||1250 lbs.||1350-1700 lbs.||1400-1750 lbs.|
|Height (ROPS up)||67.5"||67.5"||67.5"|
|Height (ROPS folded)||56.5"||56.5"||56.5"|