The Propane-Powered Scag Turf Tiger™.
Ready to Roar on Propane!
Since its introduction, the Turf Tiger™ has been
in a class by itself. While other mowers attempt to compare, none come
You simply can not find a more heavy-duty, feature packed commercial mower. The double-tube main frame, driveshaft driven deck, heavy-duty hydraulics, cast-iron cutter deck spindles, adjustable PTO clutch brake and pure industrial quality front to back, set the Turf Tiger apart from everything else on the market.
Ozone action day* or bidding a job for a "green" client? No problem. The propane-powered Turf Tiger will cut
vast amounts of grass and leave beautiful results with the Velocity Plus cutter deck.
The propane tank is a standard issue tank you would find on most forklifts and other propane powered equipment. No special tanks or fill procedures required, unlike other propane powered mowers on the market today.
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration
today and see for yourself how the Scag Dual Fuel Turf Tiger stands in a class by itself,
above the competition.
*Contact your local state and/or city authorities regarding environmental
/ clean air regulations.
Actual product may differ from photos.
- The reliable propane-powered, V-Twin, air-cooled, Kohler CH730
engine delivers reliable power for the most challenging jobs.
In addition to its power and performance, it also delivers maximum
fuel efficiency and cleaner exhaust.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 16cc Hydro-Gear
pumps and Parker 14.5c.i.
wheel motors for reliable, zero-turn maneuverability. Hydro-Gear
16cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth, positive and
reliable power to the drive wheels. Extra large input bearing,
input shaft and internal components add to reliability and performance.
Built-in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes
and add to pump life.
- Auxiliary hydraulic oil coolers
keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and adds
to hydraulic system component life.
- Up to 10.5 MPH forward speeds and
5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Driveshaft-driven cutter deck eliminates
belt slip and provides increased reliability and longevity compared
to a belt drive system.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
reliable performance, season after season. The Scag spindle easily
handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful
Three year limited warranty.
- The 52" and 61" Velocity
Plus™ cutter decks are an excellent match with the Kohler
- Standard equipment auxiliary
canister air filter system on all Turf Tigers. This
provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Single 7.9-gallon (33.5 lbs.) propane tank delivers
several hours of total run time depending on cutting conditions.
- Double tube steel main frame construction
delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service.
This design is much stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs.
The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity
to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers
250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. The
clutch body is riveted together for additional strength. Adjustable
airgap ensures long component life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with
the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide
range of adjustment from 1" to 6" in 1/4" increments (21 different
cutting height settings).
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize
the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy
in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Comfortable operator's station provides fatigue-fighting comfort. Quick-Fit
control levers, suspension
seat, and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine
to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Quick-Fit steering control
with dual dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering
levers are adjustable to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing
- Convenient cup holder keeps beverage securely in
place and within easy reach.
- Large drive tires and caster
wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate
downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front
caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are
used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump
drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped
pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight
for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- NO plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually
use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys
are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes
an volt-meter, ignition switch, mower cutter deck engagement switch,
water temperature gauge, oil pressure, separate choke
and throttle controls, switch for gasoline and propane. The hour
conveniently located at the rear of mower near the engine.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access
to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear access panel
exposes self adjusting PTO, and hydraulic pump drive belts.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly
keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally
low center-of-gravity and extra-wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial
warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp
longer for reduced maintenance.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches,
wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
trouble-free service. This mower features a 30 CCA (Cold Cranking
Amp) "Maintenance Free" battery, alternator, solid state
ignition and 15 amp charging system. Dielectric grease at major electrical
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard
equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional
operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital SmartSense hour meter displays
maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many, time saving, money making
for the Turf Tiger like the Tiger Striper
lawn striping kit, halogen
light kits and more.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
|SCAG TURF TIGER™ MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, Kohler air-cooled propane-powered engine
||61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, Kohler air-cooled propane-powered engine
* Subject to availability. Availability may be limited. Contact your
|Turf Tiger - Product Dimensions
||52" TURF TIGER
||61" TURF TIGER
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Weight (with ROPS):
|Height (with ROPS)
|Height (with ROPS folded down)
* Dimensions are subject to change.
|Top of Page - Previous
© 2015 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.