- Operator Suspension System isolates the operator platform via a coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The entire operator platform (seat, controls, foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts. The seat is further isolated via rubber mounts to absorb side to side motion. 3-position deck lift foot pedal lets the operator put the pedal in a more comfortable position. Adjustable, large diameter, padded steering levers.
- Up to 10.5 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Dual HydroGear ZT-3400 transaxles deliver smooth yet powerful performance. ZT-3400 transaxles feature 12cc pumps and 16cc motors. Dual cooling fans keep the 5 qt. oil system running at optimum temperatures for top performance and long system life.
- Choose a 48" or 52" Velocity
Plus™ cutter deck and match
that with a Kawasaki FX series or Kohler EFI engine.
- Dual fuel tanks, 10 gallon total capacity keep
you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning
and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity
and giving it excellent hillside stability. Fuel gauges visible from the operators point of view.
- Tube steel main frame construction delivers
superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design
is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed
for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT3.5 delivers
up to 250 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. Adjustable airgap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide
reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily
handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful
mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Standard equipment auxiliary
canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This
provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with
the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide
range of adjustment from 1-1/2" to 5" in 1/4 " increments.
- Foot pedal parking brake allows the operator to apply the brake without taking their hands off of the steering levers. Once stopped, the steering levers can be put into neutral lock and the park lock lever can be activated, holding the mower in place. AUSCO disc brakes feature a rotor and caliper style
design for maximum holding power.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize
the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy
in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- The oil-filled steering dampeners have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
- Custom, mid-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah. Seat can be adjusted forward and backwards.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard
equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional
operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds down and out of the way when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- Extra large 23 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6.5 caster
tires ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate
downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front
caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced
maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are
used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump
drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped
pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight
for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually
use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys
are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard
on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Flip-up footplate panel for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes
an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls.
The hour meter is conveniently located
in the instrument panel.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access
to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels
require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly
keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally
low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial
warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp
longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches,
wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for
trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital hour meter displays
maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hourmeter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many, time saving, money making accessories
for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers, halogen
light kits and more.
Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without
notice or obligation.
|SCAG CHEETAH MOWER OPTIONS/ ENGINE AND CUTTER DECK COMBINATIONS*
||48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 22hp Kawasaki 691FX air-cooled engine
||48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, Kohler 25CV air-cooled engine
||48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 23hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine
||48" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, Briggs 28hp air-cooled engine with Cyclonic air filter
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 23hp Kawasaki 730FX air-cooled engine
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 27hp Kohler 27CV air-cooled engine
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine
||52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 28hp Briggs air-cooled engine with Cyclonic air filter
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer.
|Cheetah - Product Dimensions
|Width (chute down)
|Width (chute in transport position)
|Height (with ROPS)
|Height (with ROPS folded down)
* Dimensions are subject to change.
|Top of Page - Previous Page
© 2012 Scag Power Equipment
Division of Metalcraft
of Mayville, Inc.