The Scag Freedom Z
Reclaim Your Weekend!
Are you tired of buying junk mowers that constantly need to be replaced or repaired? Would you rather spend your money on a quality, American made product that will perform and last like it should? If you answered yes to those questions, you have found the right mower brand, Scag.
Give yourself the freedom to spend more time doing the things you really want to be doing like camping, fishing, spending time with your family and friends....the list goes on.
The Freedom Z ® is designed for commercial and large estate use. We invite you to learn more about the outstanding, commercial grade features of the Freedom Z and how it can save you time while delivering professional results.
Contact your local Scag dealer today and see for yourself how the Scag Freedom Z stands in a class by itself, above the competition. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
Contoured, Bolstered High-Back Seat
Ultra-comfortable and adjustable (with tools). Contoured for improved comfort and features armrests.
Powerful Engine Options
22hp or 24hp Kohler 7000 Series engines with Pro Performance Filtration provide smooth, reliable power.More Info on the Kohler 7000 PRO
Deep, Fabricated and Welded Cutter Decks
Heavy-duty design and construction. Deep design handles lots of grass at higher speeds. Excellent quality-of-cut.
Easy Foot Pedal Deck Lift
Foot pedal cutter deck lift is spring-assisted and makes raising the cutter deck smooth and easy.
Independent Hydraulic Transmissions
Hydro-Gear ZT2800 hydro transaxles deliver smooth drive power while spin-on oil filters provide easy maintenance.
Full-Featured Instrument Panel
Instrument panel features: Ignition switch, PTO switch, throttle control, choke control, hour meter.
No Maintenance Sealed Drive Spindle
The Freedom Z blade drive spindle housing is cast aluminum and features a 1/2" thick mounting flange for impact strength. Each spindle is a sealed unit, requiring no maintenance. The 1" diameter steel blade shaft rides on extra large, press fit, sealed ball bearings.
Hybrid Cutter Deck
Hybrid Cutter Deck. Fully fabricated (not stamped), commercial grade, steel cutter deck with reinforcements for added durability.
Easy Cutter Deck Leveling
In the event the deck becomes uneven, it's an easy fix with four-point deck leveling.
- Up to 8 MPH forward and 5 MPH reverse speeds deliver maximum productivity. Fast ground speeds will make short work of your residential acreage or commercial property.
- Fully welded and fabricated, unitized steel, commercial grade main frame design is stronger than "bolt together" or stamped frame designs. This frame is built to last.
- 48" & 52"(cutting width) cutter decks are constructed with a 10-gauge top with an 11-gauge reinforcement plate around the spindle mounting area for extra support. The cutter deck skirt is 7-gauge for additional strength. This is not a mass produced, stamped steel deck. This is a commercial grade, fully fabricated and welded heavy steel cutter deck.
- Power your Freedom with commercial grade, full pressure lubrication engines. 22 HP or 24 HP Kohler 7000 PRO Series V-Twin engine options. Click here for a complete list of engine and cutter deck combinations.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 transaxles put solid, reliable power to the ground. Integrated transaxle has charge pumps and spin-on oil filters and steel plate oil filter guards to protect filters from damage. 1-year commercial warranty on transaxles; 3-year non-commercial application warranty on transaxles.
- Custom, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the 48" & 52" Scag Freedom Z. Fold-up arm rests are standard.
- Ogura G1 PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (74 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap delivers long component life.
- Low-maintenance mower design has few grease points, saving you maintenance time and giving you the freedom to do other things.
- Fixed-position ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) is standard equipment along with retractable seatbelts. ROPS provides additional operator safety.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Freedom Z into tight places. The Freedom Z also occupies less space in your garage or on the trailer, leaving more room for other tools and toys.
- 6.5 gallon fuel capacity gives you the freedom to cut vast amounts of grass without having to stop and refuel. The fuel tank features an extra large filler neck for easy refueling.
- Large drive and caster tires ensure solid traction and a smooth ride.
-Front caster tires: 11 x 6 - 5
-Drive tires: 20 x 10 - 10
- Extra large foot plate for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower. The pierced, extruded metal tread ensures solid footing.
- Easily adjust cutting heights while seated via. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 4-1/2" in 1/4" increments.
- Foot pedal deck lift features a large knurled peg for "no slip" deck lifting. Spring-assisted design makes lifting the cutter deck easy and smooth.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of worry-free service. Unlike other mowers in its price range, the Freedom Z carries a commercial warranty as well as an estate owner / home owner warranty.
- Spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler arms effortlessly keep all belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and no maintenance.
- All steel pulleys are stronger than plastic pulley designs. This is a Scag....you will not find plastic pulleys on the Freedom Z. Steel dust and debris covers are fitted over idler pulley bearings and spindles to keep foreign material out, extending bearing life.
- Comfortable, adjustable (with tool), fully cushioned seat with padded arm rests. Retractable seat belts are standard equipment.
- Padded steering control levers with ultra-smooth dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Levers are adjustable.
- Steering dampers are designed and positioned for smooth steering lever operation and minimal control effort.
- 4-corner cutter deck adjustment mechanisms allow for easy deck leveling and pitch adjustment to deliver a smooth, even cut.
- Heavy-duty, no maintenance blade drive spindles provide reliable performance day in and day out; aluminum housings and sealed ball bearings.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel is conveniently located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Cup holder and storage bin are molded into the fuel tank to provide added operator convenience and comfort.
- Hydraulic oil reservoir and maintenance-free battery are enclosed within the left side tank molding to prevent external damage and to provide a sleek, clean appearance.
- Engine oil drain makes oil changes easy.
- High-quality electrical components such as switches and tightly woven, custom wiring harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependability and long life.
- Digital hour meter only activates when engine is running and is located within easy sight of the operator while in the operating position.
- Productive, time saving accessories like a grass collection system and high-powered halogen lights are available for the Freedom Z.
|SFZ48-22KT||48" Cutter Deck, 22hp Kohler 7000 Series PRO, V-twin air-cooled engine|
|SFZ52-24KT||52" Cutter Deck, 24hp Kohler 7000 Series PRO, V-twin air-cooled engine|
* Subject to availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer
|Scag Freedom Z - Product Dimensions||48" Freedom Z||52" Freedom Z|
|Width (chute down)||60.5"||64.5"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||49"||53"|
|Weight||745 lbs.||765 lbs.|
7-bushel capacity and an 8" discharge tube, this is a serious debris catching system.
Chrome Wheel Covers
8" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
Discharge opening block-off plates for 48" & 52" Cutter Decks.
Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit.
Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
The same low-profile foldable ROPS found on Scag Patriot models, can be added to your Freedom Z!